German as a Foreign Language Intensive Course Flex Option (hybrid): Description
Regardless of whether you wish to learn German for your university studies or for your future career, the German intensive course offers you the perfect combination of lessons, practice and autonomous study. At the same time you profit from the professional support of our German as a Foreign Language teachers at one of our training centers in Düsseldorf and Berlin.
Our German intensive course prepares you linguistically for the admission to higher education or the entry into professional life in Germany. You have the opportunity to combine several successive intensive courses in order to systematically and individually tailor your learning process. All stages from A1 to C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages are taught. We also offer intensive learning programs for those without prior German knowledge (A0).
Our level-differentiated intensive training offers you listening and reading comprehension with current texts, grammatical training and improvement of speaking and writing skills. While doing so we orient our courses on the demands of the officially recognized German language exams (for B1, B2 and C1), which for the most part can be taken in our training center in the form of the TestDaF, DSH and telc exams. The classes are made up of international students which, in addition to the acquisition of the German language, offer you the opportunity for intercultural exchange.
Our German courses are hybrid:
You can flexibly decide whether you want to take part in the same course online or on site. The classroom is technically equipped in such a way that the lessons are transmitted live online and online participants can participate actively and live in the lessons. This enables interaction between teacher, online participants and participants on site. You can participate in the course independent of current travel regulations and according to your needs.
- specific linguistic preparation
- rapid learning progress
- globally recognized exams
- extensive cultural and leisure programme
- internationality & quality of life in Düsseldorf or Berlin
10 levels from A1-C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Number of participants
Approximately 18 participants per course (max. 25)
- qualified and motivated teachers with higher education degrees and many years of experience in German as a Foreign or Second Language or with accreditation from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF)
- evaluated monthly by the student
Our hybrid German courses take place on site and simultaneously online. Participation is flexible.
- approx. 100 lessons each course period (approx. 4 weeks)
- 5 lessons each day (45 mins. per lesson) from Monday to Friday
- placement test and final exam with certificate
- listening, speaking, reading and writing exercises at academic level
- complimentary E-learning material to support autonomous learning
- supervised homework sessions in the institute by qualified teachers (10 lessons per month)
- individual learning advice
- weekly offers to train free speaking
- student advisory service (starting from €50)
- low-priced health care insurance for Germany
- issuing of documents for visa application
- complimentary Wi-Fi in the Eulerstraße 50 training center
- reduced-cost ticket for the local public transportation
- free access to university libraries
- inexpensive places to eat close to the institute (uni cafeteria, diner, street food, etc.)
- regular information events at the institute by official bodies/entities (working or studying in Germany)
- comprehensive leisure and culture program during the week (e.g. “Stammtisch”, cinema evenings, etc.)
- reasonably priced weekend excursions (e.g. to Bonn, Cologne, Amsterdam, Brussels)
- Participation in extensive university sporting program (€30). Current program: http://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/hochschulsport/
On our IIK Facebook page for Berlin and Düsseldorf you will find current information about the IIK, suggestions about the IIK leisure and culture program, a discussion forum and the opportunity to meet friends and IIK participants.
Applications are accepted until the maximum number of participants has been reached or until the first day of course, after this applications may be accepted upon enquiry.
German learners (university applicants, professionals, etc.)
- Lessons take place from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm or from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm each day. The schedule is determined by the IIK.
- The supervised homework sessions are offered both in the morning and afternoon according to the course time.
Email for inquiry
Accommodationcan be booked with the IIK for the duration of participation in the German course
Through our accommodation service we make it easier for you to find accommodation. You can book it directly with us, precisely coordinated with the duration of your course.
Leisure Time & Cultureweekly events and weekend excursions
You can also spend your free time getting to know German culture together with other international students. For this reason, we offer an extensive cultural and recreational program, some free of charge, some for a small fee. It is published at the beginning of each course phase and can be booked on site.
Mobility Package (only for Düsseldorf!)tickets for public transport
To ensure that you are mobile immediately after your arrival in Düsseldorf, you can book the Mobility Package including this service:
- personal welcome in Düsseldorf at the airport or main train station
- ticket for local public transportation in Düsseldorf for the first month of the cours
- organization & payment of a taxi to your accommodation
COURSES WITH FLEX OPTION
- duration: 1 – 10 months
- 1 month (October – June) €525
- 1 month (July – September) €550
- recommended for short-term visas of up to 3 month
- book, extend or cancel classes on a monthly basis
Learn German quickly, flexibly and effectively!
- duration: 4 – 10 months
- starting at €1,995 for 4 months
(corresponds to 499 € /month if you book 6 months)
- required for long-term study or work visa application
- including study or job guidance
If you already know that you want to learn German with us for more than 4 months, our Professional & University Pathway Programs are the right thing for you!