DSH examination training: Description
While focussing on the written parts of the exam in the first three weeks, teachers will give advice about the oral exam at the end of course.
The IIK offers an optimal preparation training for the structure of the DSH exam. Insight is given into the specific sections of the exam and strategies aimed at solving the questions as well as time management are practised. Course materials are authentic former DSH exams. Additionally, a training related textbook is used.
We offer the exam training as an online course or as a classroom course. If you are unable to attend the classroom course, e.g. due to travel restrictions, or if we have to cancel the course in its attendance form for reasons beyond our control, you are entitled to a comparable offer in terms of workload and learning outcome. In this case the total number of live online classes may differ from the number of hours of traditional classroom training, for example because of smaller groups, extra teacher individual support, collaborative learning or additional online self-study tasks.
The DSH Examination training requires a level C1 knowledge of German. In order to provide all participants with exam training at a high level, a placement test is mandatory.
Number of participants
online training max. 18 participants, classroom training max. 25 participants
- Our courses are conducted by qualified and highly-motivated teachers with intercultural competence. They are university graduates and have long teaching experience in German as a foreign language. They also have the German Language Teaching Accreditation from the German Federal office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF). Our teachers are evaluated monthly by our learners.
- All teachers are assessed by our learners in monthly evaluations.
- 50 lessons of 45 minutes intensive training
- former DSH exam as a mock exam
for Online trainings:
for classroom trainings:
- Low-priced health - insurance
- Documents for visa application
- Free access to internet in spare time
- Discount tickets for public transport
- Free access to university libraries
- Food in student refectory/cafeteria at reasonable prices
- regular information events at the institute by official bodies (work or study in Germany)
- Freizeitprogramm mit täglich wechselnden Aktivitäten rund ums Deutschlernen, Gesprächsangebote mit deutschen Muttersprachlern
- participation in extensive University Sports Program (30 EUR ); for current programme please go to: http://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/hochschulsport/
On our IIK Facebook pages for Berlin and Düsseldorf there is up-to-date information about the IIK, information about the IIK leisure program, a discussion forum and the possibility to meet friends and participants of IIK courses.
If interested and suitable, participation in the DSH exam of the University of Applied Sciences Aachen can be reserved in combination with the DSH exam training. The DSH at Aachen University of Applied Sciences is registered and officially recognised by the German as a Foreign Language Association.
Required: language skills at C1 level
Requirements for participation in the online training: You have
- PC or laptop
- Headset with microphone
- Internet connection
Registration is possible until the maximum number of participants has been reached or until the first day of the course, afterwards on request.
Participants who want to prepare for DSH systematically at an advanced level
for online trainings:
course hours: Monday – Friday, afternoon or evening (MEZ)
for classroom trainings:
course hours: Monday - Friday 18:30 - 20:45
The sample test will be additionally carried out on a Saturday from 10:00 - 15:00 o'clock.
Email for inquiry
We prepare you for the test requirements:
- approx. 50 lessons of 45 minutes
- duration approx. 2 – 3 weeks
Düsseldorf/Berlin: 350 €
TRAINING AND EXAMINATION IN A PACKAGE
Düsseldorf: 545 €
Berlin: 635 €