International Online German Course Intensive: DescriptionIn the virtual classroom you take part in live lessons, see, talk or chat with other participants like the teacher, and most importantly: you learn together.
During class time, you learn either together with the whole group or alternately in supervised small groups, in pairs or independently.
You work out new structures with the whole group, and in the learning phases you practice, repeat and consolidate the contents of the lessons. Your teacher supports you in the learning phases.
You will work with interactive materials that publishers or IIK have created especially for online teaching.
Various continuous written and oral tests during the course ensure your learning success.
The online leisure programme offers opportunities to speak German with others, to get to know German society and culture and to have fun together.
After successful completion of an online course, you can switch to the IIK's classroom courses in Berlin or Düsseldorf (and vice versa) at any time.
- specific linguistic preparation
- fast learning progress
- Online leisure program
- Tests according to worldwide recognized standards
All levels from A1 to C1 - the course content is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and the requirements of officially recognised German examinations (telc, TestDaF, DSH).
Number of participants
8 – 18 participants
Our teachers with online experience are university graduates with many years of teaching experience in German as a foreign and second language or with a licence from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) and are regularly evaluated.
- total workload of about 120 teaching units of 45 minutes each, 30 units per week
- 100 lessons online together with teachers and group (virtual classroom and integrated self-study in small groups, partner work or independent), 5 lessons per day
- approx. 20 units of autonomous learning and practice
- license for interactive online teaching material included
- fixed, progressive course programme
- individual correction of linguistic utterances (texts, audio files)
- IIK-Certificate (proof of performance during the course, level C1 only attendance test)
- online placement test before the course starts
- online leisure program with daily changing activities for learning German, conversation with native German speakers
- access to the IIK online training centre with approx. 13,000 online exercises (A1 – C1)
- Service around the language course
- digital learning materials included
- Online placement test before the course starts
- Online leisure program with daily changing activities for learning German, conversation with native German speakers
- Requirements for participation: You have
- PC or laptop
- Headset with microphone
- Internet connection
- Participants with language level A1.1 should be able to speak English (for help with technical problems)
Registration is possible until the maximum number of participants has been reached or until the first day of the course, afterwards on request.
German learners worldwide who want to study or work in Germany or simply want to learn German well.
Monday to Friday 9:00 – 13:15 or 15:00 – 19:15 o'clock
Please check whether you would like to participate in the morning or afternoon course or whether both are possible for you.
Email for inquiry
Leisure Time & Cultureweekly events and weekend excursions
You can also spend your free time getting to know German culture together with other international students. For this reason, we offer an extensive cultural and recreational program, some free of charge, some for a small fee. It is published at the beginning of each course phase and can be booked on site.
You can find the current program on our IIK Online Leisure Dashboard.
International Online German Course Intensive
- duration: 1 – 10 months
- 1 month 560 €
- monthly booking, extension or cancellation possible
Learn German intensively online!