Train the Trainer: Description
The demands on trainers in adult education have changed considerably in recent years. The trainer is no longer a mere mediator of specialist knowledge but is seen more as a learning companion. Professional competence is on equal footing with personal, social and methodological skills in order to meet the quality requirements. The range of tasks includes organisation and pedagogy, the evaluation of educational measures as well as the continuous development of one's own potential and experience.
Content of Train the Trainer Workshop
ConceptThe path toward the training profession raises many questions
- What are a trainer’s competencies and challenges?
- What didactic know-how does a trainer need to deliver technical knowledge?
- What methods are effective in manifesting knowledge long-term and guaranteeing transfer into practice?
- How do you design a successful training course and what types of media are required for this?
- What are the possibilities to enable individual learning in an adult training environment? How can the trainer accompany personal development processes?
- What will the training landscape look like in the future?
- In other words: What does the trainer‘s trade look like? What tools can he or she use to design training offerings with a personal touch and maximal impact?
Along these questions a 5-days concept was developed which allows prospective trainers to acquire the basics and thereby create a solid trainer foundation.
Course ContentPersonality, Competencies, Skills
- Trainer personality
- Requirements – expectations – roles
- Competencies – skills – styles
- Body language and basic principles of communication
- Presenting in front of groups
DidacticsPsychology and Learning
- Learning psychology
- Adult learning
- Participant orientation
- Facilitation methods
- In a nutshell: theme-centred interaction, neuro-linguistic programming, transactional analysis, the systemic approach
- Games in training
- Exercises for different purposes
MediaFacilitator's Case, Visualization, Presentation
- Facilitator’s case
- Flip chart – metaplan board – blackboard/whiteboard
- Laptop and projector
- Interactive whiteboard
- Possibilities of video
- Visualization and Presentation
- Presentation techniques
- Designing flip charts
- PowerPoint – Prezi
Optimal training designStructure, Clarification and Nees Assessment
- Mandate clarification and needs assessment
- Defining learning goals
- Training structure and phases: from preparation to transfer/li>
- Media mix
- Facilitator's Guide and Running notes
- Seminar evaluation
- Training reality
- Challenging conditions
- Challenging situations
- Group dynamics
MethodsPersönlichkeit, Kompetenzen, Fähigkeiten
- Group exercises
- Feedback and discussion in plenary
- Communication in training processes
- Designing of facilitator’s guides and running notes
- Understand and discuss training approaches
- Execution of own training section with video feedback
MedieneinsatzPersönlichkeit, Kompetenzen, Fähigkeiten
- Flip chart
- Metaplan technique
- Facilitator’s case
- Learning games
Benefits and Learning goals
- see an example of the process from mandate clarification and needs assessment through to seminar evaluation, and receive a variety of practical instruments, tools and material for planning and conducting training and seminars.
- can independently plan, design, and implement training; know and understand what aspects need to be considered.
- experience the impact of their actions in front of groups, and get a feeling for their own training behaviour.
- gain and extend their technical, reflexive and personal competencies to be successful as a trainer.
Who will benefit from this workshop
- Anyone involved in knowledge transfer wishing to give their seminars, presentations and trainings a sound basis
- Anyone wishing to move towards a training career and to update their skills in planning and conducting professional workshops / trainings / seminars
- Anyone wishing to reflect on, refresh, or professionalise their previous work as a trainer
- Managers/consultants/HR managers wishing to expand their training methods and skills
- Anyone curious and interested in the training profession
Special knowledge is not required. We recommend that those interested in the course have a telephone consultation with the head of the further education department in order to clarify expectations and goals in advance./p>
Number of participants
6 – 12 participants
To attend a train-the-trainer workshop at the IIK you can take advantage of the following funding instruments: Bildungscheck (Landesregierung NRW)
The IIK Train-The-Trainer workshop will be held by two experienced trainers:Dr. rer. nat. Sabine Küsters Certified Trainer (PAS 1037) Consultant, trainer and business coach for communication in sales Trainer for presenting, communication, negotiation, team building, conflict management, management skills Languages: native German, proficient English (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English as Foreign Language), sound FrenchAndrew Porteous Personal Business Coach, Master in Neuro Linguistic Programming (DVNLP), CLTC Corporate Language Trainer Certificate Trainer for presenting, negotiation, time management, communication, intercultural communication, personal development
40 units of 45 minutes each (8 seminar units per day), Meals are already included in the course fee of 85 EUR
All information, documentation, media data, protocols and exercises will be managed using the “moodle” learning platform.The participants will receive a certificate after completing the entire 5-days workshop. The certification includes the presentation and conduction of a training sequence in front of the group and the trainer team. The contributions will be discussed and detailed feedback will be given. The IIK Head Office Continuing Education is committed to the code of professional ethics in continuous education of the „Forum Werteorientierung in der Weiterbildung e. V.” The certificate carries the signet of this organisation. For further information please refer to www.forumwerteorientierung.de.
The workshop in English will be held here: IIK Düsseldorf Eulerstr. 50 40477 Düsseldorf
The workshop in German Language will be held here:
Schloss Mickeln Alt Himmelgeist 25 40589 Düsseldorf (Himmelgeist)
Sie haben die Möglichkeit in Schloss Mickeln zu übernachten. Bitte wenden Sie sich zur Buchung eines Zimmers an die Schlossverwaltung. Umliegende Stadtteile und selbstverständlich die Düsseldorfer Innenstadt bieten eine Vielzahl an Hotels, deren Unterkunftskosten je nach Saison, Lage und Ausstattung variieren.
Anmeldung möglich bis Erreichen der Höchstteilnehmerzahl oder bis zwei Wochen vor Kursbeginn, danach auf Anfrage.
Prospective in-house or freelance trainers
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Our 5-day workshop starts daily at 9 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. There will be three main breaks during the day with refereshments. The workshop ends Friday at approx. 5 p.m. (after the certification ceremony).All information, documentation, media data, protocols and exercises will be managed using the learning platform “moodle”. The participants will receive their personal access code and all information on workshop venue and agenda with their confirmation of participation.