University Pathway Program: DescriptionWhether it's taking up a course of study or starting a career– on your way to Germany many questions will arise. The IIK programs find answers beyond the German course. We accompany you from the very beginning, help with visas, offer accommodation, organize application training and assist with the recognition of school and professional qualifications. You will regularly receive important information on how to register for your studies or take up employment in Germany. Our expertise guarantees efficient learning, both in lessons in Berlin or Düsseldorf and in the online training center from the comfort of your home. Our attractive leisure activities combine language and culture - this is how the IIK programs support you optimally on your way to University.
You always remain flexible:
Hybrid: Your course consists of face-to-face & live-online lessons.
With "Hybrid" you can also participate online in all face-to-face lessons at any time, as IIK course rooms include state-of-the-art technology so that the teacher, online participants and participants on-site can interact.
Live-Online: You take part in the course exclusively live-online.
You can take part in "Live-Online" from home, on the road or on-site: Use our learning zones and IT services (lending of tablets and iPads, printers, copiers, scanners) in our training centers in Düsseldorf or Berlin - and meet other course participants from all over the world at IIK Café or at our leisure activities.
The Program includes:
- 3-10 months of intensive course: German as a Foreign Language (600 hours, 45-minute lessons)
- Access to our “Online Training Center”
- Access to our leisure program with weekly events and excursions
- Main Services (read details below)
10 levels from A1 – C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Number of participants
approx. 18 participants per course (max. 25)
- qualified and motivated teachers with higher education degrees and many years of experience in German as a Foreign or Second Language or with accreditation from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF)
- evaluated monthly by the student
- approx. 100 lessons each course period (approx. 4 weeks)
- 5 lessons each day (45 mins. per lesson) from Monday to Friday
- placement test and final exam with certificate
- listening, speaking, reading and writing exercises at academic level
- complimentary E-learning material to support autonomous learning
- supervised homework sessions in the institute by qualified teachers (10 lessons per month)
- individual learning advice
- weekly offers to train free speaking
Applications are accepted until the maximum number of participants has been reached or until the first day of course, after this applications may be accepted upon enquiry.
German learners (university applicants, professionals, etc.)
Lessons take place from 9:00 am to 1:15 pm or from 3:00 pm to 7:15 pm each day. The schedule is determined by the IIK.
The supervised homework sessions are offered both in the morning and afternoon according to the course time.
Email for inquiry
Our Services for you:
- Information about your visa application & arrival opportunities
- Individual visa documents
- Placement test
- Monthly internal exams
- 2 x 60 min. webinar: university application consultation
- Modern IT-infrastructure at the institute (PCs, printer etc.)
- Homework assistance / Tutorium
- “IIK Certificate” at the end of the course
- 2 one-on-one appointments with study advisor
- Individual check for university application
- Consultation for choosing the right test
- 50 x 45 min. preparation course for university language test
- The cost for one of the following tests is included: “TestDaF*” or “DSH” or “telc C1 hochschule”
- We welcome you personally upon arrival at the airport or main train station
and ensure a safe transfer to your accommodation in Düsseldorf or the surrounding area
- Express delivery of visa documents
- Health Insurance
- Liability insurance
- Individual guidance & support with visa application/extension
- Individual guidance & support with arrival organization, registration in the city & opening a bank account
- Guided tour at a regional University (of Applied Sciences)
- Individual university entrance qualification check
- Help & appointments with personal study advisor