The Institut für Internationale Kommunikation e.V., a non-profit organization located in Berlin and Düsseldorf, promotes international exchange. Our focus lies on developing participants‘ language skills for either academic or professional purposes.
- founded as a spin-off of Düsseldorf University in 1989
- offering exchange and pre-study programs for universities and governments worldwide individual preparation for studies in Germany (language, applications, professional content)
- integration courses for fast learners
- vocational integration: focus on physicians, nursing staff, engineers, scholarships & free online services to learn German, such as deutsch-als-fremdsprache.de
- participation in multiple EU projects, member of numerous academic associations,e.g. Professional Association German as a Foreign Language (FaDaF e.V.)
- licensed testing center, particularly for German and English with more than 4.000 examinees per year (TestDaF, telc, TestAS, TOEFL, TOEIC, GMAT, and others)
- seminars, publications, and further education programs using renowned expertise with a focus on German for your studies or in the workplace
IIK has made a name for itself: institutions, associations, universities, and companies worldwide send their students and employees to take courses at IIK. They also contract IIK directly to organize exchange programs and customized training seminars. A current reference list of our partners can be found on our website.
As a non-profit organization, the IIK is committed to maintaining particularly high quality standards for its customers, partners and employees, which it shares with the affiliated IIK-Akademie. Since its foundation in 1989, a particular focus of the IIK's work has been the use of modern technologies and especially online media in language teaching. (Digital mission statement)